“Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” Matthew 28:19
Thank you for selecting Holy Family Parish for your child’s baptism. We look forward to prayerfully walking this Sacramental Journey with you.
Prior to the day of your child’s Baptism, we ask that parents:
- be willing to pledge themselves to raising the child in the Catholic faith by regularly attending church ~ at baptism you take on this responsibility.
- register as Parishioners at Holy Family, if not already active members. Please call the Parish Office at 815-725-6880 for registration information.
- attend a Baptism Preparation Class. Please register for a Class through the Parish Office at 815-725-6880. A Baptism date can be reserved after attending Baptism Preparation Class. Please call the parish office to schedule.
- select Godparents. Godparents are to be 16 years of age and at least one of the Godparents must be an active Catholic.
On the day of your child's Baptism,
- please arrive at the church at 1:15pm for your child's 1:30pm baptism.
After the day of your child’s Baptism, we will:
- continue to welcome you, your family, and your newly Baptized child to weekly mass celebrations to pray communally, in music and in prayer, raising our collective voice to our Lord! (We’ll assume any baby cries are attempts to participate in the Mass!)
- enthusiastically extend our invitation for your child to continue on his or her faith journey into Religious Education, Elementary School, Youth Ministry and Beyond!
- joyously extend our invitation to you and your family to enhance your faith experience through Young Adult Ministry and Adult Faith Formation!
- eagerly look forward to sharing fellowship in prayer services, volunteer opportunities or any pastoral care needs you may desire.